Marpole Oakridge Family Place
Supporting families, seniors, caregivers and children for over 43 years.
Marpole Oakridge Family Place
Supporting families, seniors, caregivers and children for over 42 years.
Plan Your Visit to MOFP
WELCOME TO MARPOLE OAKRIDGE FAMILY PLACE
Keeping our community safe is of the utmost importance. While Marpole Oakridge Family Place (MOFP) is opened, we have put in place some preventative measures designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For your health and wellbeing as well as our staff, we have adopted BC CDC’s recommendations for social distancing and cleaning. These include:
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, countertops and high traffic areas.
- Allowing a limited number of people inside MOFP.
- Maintaining social distancing of at least 2m.
- Providing handwashing stations and hand sanitizers.
- Contact-free entry and exit to and from MOFP for Circle Time and the Mother Goose program.
We look forward to seeing you!
- Hand sanitizing or hand washing upon entry and departure.
- Proof of vaccination is required for guests over 18 years old. Please bring a government-issued photo ID along with your proof of vaccination.
- Masks are mandatory for guests aged 5 years or older on premises of the facility.
- Social distancing of 2m should be enforced to assist with the management of health and safety procedures for all families and staff.
- We encourage you to bring your beverages and snacks to eat at the dining table since our kitchen will be closed until further notice.
- Sanitizing bottles and paper towels will be stored in the upper cubicles near to the door way and kitchen counter in a labelled area. Please sanitize your eating space before and after eating and after using the diaper change stations and high chairs. Kindly dispose of paper towels in the garbage.
We will always have your safety as our first priority.
1. Please do not attend if:
- You or your child(ren) have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headaches
- You or your child(ren) are in close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you or your child(ren) developed any symptoms of COVID-19 after registering, please let us know as soon as possible. If you have any concerns regarding your symptoms, you can contact HealthLink BC by dialing 811.
2. Masks must be worn on facility premises for guests aged 5 years and older. Please bring your own masks.
3. Proof of vaccination is required for guests over 18 years of age upon entry.
4. We require you to give MOFP permission to take photos/videos of you and your child(ren) during Circle Time or Mother Goose program for promotional material on our website and social media platforms.
We thank you for your continued support and cooperation!
Infant Massage Group
Learn to massage your baby, enhance bonding and attachment, and improve your baby’s sleeping patterns.
When it happens: Fridays 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Jan 14 – Mar 25
Please contact Carol Chu at email@example.com or (604) 263-1405 to register for the program.
Baby Group - Mother goose
Supporting parents in being their baby’s first teacher, we will provide some songs and rhymes to help develop your child’s oral language skills. This program is funded by BC Councils for Families.
When it happens: Fridays, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Jan 14 – Mar 25
Please contact Carol Chu at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 263-1405 for more information.
CONNECTING SENIORS PROGRAM
Our online seniors programs include iPad course, social interaction via zoom, wellness workshops, cooking together and other craft activities.
iPad Program: Mondays 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM, Jan 10 – Mar 21
[Zoom] Healthy Cooking Together Program: Thursdays 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Jan 13 – Mar 24
Our Drop-In Program is open for parents, grandparents, and caregivers with children aged infant to six years old. Meet, connect with parents and caregivers, and gain community connections. Only $2 per family per visit! Available at two locations.
Main location (8188 Lord Street, Vancouver): Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Marpole Neighbourhood House (8585 Hudson Street, Vancouver): Mondays 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM, Fridays 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM [resuming January 21, 2022]
No registration required, Please contact Lindy Clarke (email@example.com) for more information.
Marpole Oakridge Family Place is a not-for-profit organization which has been supporting families, grandparents, caregivers and children aged 0-6 years for over 43 years. Our purpose is to promote the health and well-being of the community.
At MOFP you will:
- Meet other parents
- Learn about resources
- Get to know community
- Have your child play with others
Stay updated! Subscribe to our monthly newsletter with the latest community news about events, featured programs and much more.
8188 Lord Street, Vancouver
Office Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Drop-In Program Hours: 9:00am – 12:00pm
We are closed on statutory holidays and long weekends.