Welcome back to Marpole Oakridge Family Place
Keeping our community safe is of the utmost importance. While Marpole Oakridge Family Place (MOFP) is opened, we have put in place some preventative measures designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For your health and wellbeing as well as our staff, we have adopted BC CDC’s recommendations for social distancing and cleaning. These include:
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, countertops and high traffic areas.
- Allowing a limited number of people inside MOFP.
- Maintaining social distancing of at least 2m.
- Providing handwashing stations and hand sanitizers.
- Contact-free entry and exit to and from MOFP.
We’ve missed you and look forward to seeing you!
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION IN ALL PROGRAMS OFFERED AT MOFP. EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2021
Communicable Disease Guidelines for participation in the Drop In Playroom and all programs offered at MOFP. Effective July 1, 2021 – The Covid Safety Plan is now called the Communicable Disease Plan.
A communicable disease is an illness caused by an infectious agent or its toxic product that can be transmitted in a workplace from one person to another. Examples of communicable diseases that may circulate in a workplace include COVID-19, Norovirus and seasonal influenza.
Welcome to Marpole Oakridge Family Place! We are excited to offer our Drop In facility for in person programming. In line with direction from global health authorities, we are continuing to take precautionary measures to help stop the spread of virus, including increased levels of cleaning and disinfection in all common areas and continual monitoring of government sources for the most up-to-date information requirements.
The following guidelines have been put in place to facilitate the health and safety for our community.
- There will be a staff member at the door to greet families as they enter and to provide guidance for hand sanitizing and hand washing.
- As of July 1st, masks are recommended, rather than mandatory in the province of BC. That said, we prefer, and strongly recommend that families and staff wear masks when attending MOFP.
- Social distancing is recommended to assist with the management of health and safety procedures for all families and staff.
- We encourage you to bring your beverages and snacks to eat at the dining table since our kitchen will be closed until further notice.
- Sanitizing bottles and paper towels will be stored in the upper cubicles near to the door way in a labelled area. Please sanitize your eating space before and after eating and after using the diaper change stations and high chairs. Kindly dispose of paper towels in the garbage.
- The list of reportable communicable diseases in BC is posted for your perusal.
Feel free to inquire with any questions or concerns.
Here are some helpful resources:
If you or someone you know is experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms, call the provincial health information hotline at 8-1-1, or contact the B.C Centre for Disease Control at 1-833-784-4397.
You can also conduct an initial self-diagnosis at the provincial government’s Health Link BC page: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/hwsxchk
Health Link BC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/
Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/about-us/news/vancouver-coastal-health-statement-on-coronavirus
Government of Canada virus update: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
B.C. Centre for Disease Control virus update: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
World Health Organization virus update: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
We thank you for your continued support and cooperation!
Terms & Conditions
1. Please do not attend if:
– you or your child(ren) have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headaches
– you or your child(ren) have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
– you or your child(ren) are in close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
– If you or your child(ren) developed any symptoms of COVID-19 after registering, please let us know as soon as possible. If you have any concerns regarding your symptoms, you can contact HealthLink BC by dialing 811.
2. Masks must be worn for our Circle Time and Mother Goose sessions (except for children under the age of 2). Masks will not be provided. Please bring your own masks.
3. We require you to give MOFP permission to take photos/videos of you and your child(ren) during Circle Time or Mother Goose program for promotional material on our website and social media platforms.