Welcome back to Marpole Oakridge Family Place
Keeping our community safe is of the utmost importance. While Marpole Oakridge Family Place (MOFP) is opened, we have put in place some preventative measures designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For your health and wellbeing as well as our staff, we have adopted BC CDC’s recommendations for social distancing and cleaning. These include:
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, countertops and high traffic areas.
- Allowing a limited number of people inside MOFP.
- Maintaining social distancing of at least 2m.
- Providing handwashing stations and hand sanitizers.
- Contact-free entry and exit to and from MOFP for Circle Time.
We’ve missed you and look forward to seeing you!
welcome back guide for the SEptember Programs
MOFP is facilitating in the multi-purpose room at 8188 Lord Street:
Circle Time on Tuesdays from 10:30am to 11:00am
Mother Goose program on Wednesdays from 10:30am to 11:00am
MOFP is facilitating at the Marpole Neighbourhood House at 8585 Hudson Street:
Circle time on Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:30-1:00pm
A total of 9 people at a time can participate. You can reserve your space by phoning 604-263-1405 between 8:30am and 9:30am the morning of the day of the visit. Please talk directly to staff and do not leave any voicemails. Circle time is available one visit per family per location per week.
- You MUST register in order to participate. The registration sheet will be our sign-in sheet (ticked off by our facilitator only) and will also serve as our contact tracing register.
- Please come to MOFP with your own masks. Children under 2 are not required to wear a mask. Our facilitators will also have masks on.
- You will be taken through a screening checklist before entering MOFP.
- You will enter one group at a time into the multi-purpose room through the outdoor area gate and door to the multi-purpose room. Both the gate and door will be propped open for a contact-free entry and propped open again for a contact-free exit.
- You and your child(ren) will be guided to the sink to wash your hands before starting. We have implemented social distancing floor stickers for the line up to the sinks.
- You and your child(ren) will be directed to a designated space with the facilitators in the middle of the room maintaining 2m social distance. Do encourage your child(ren) to stay close to you.
- The sanitized family washroom will be available should you need it.
- You may wash your hands again or use the provided hand sanitizer on your way out.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please do not attend if:
– you or your child(ren) have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headaches
– you or your child(ren) have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
– you or your child(ren) are in close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
– If you or your child(ren) developed any symptoms of COVID-19 after registering, please let us know as soon as possible. If you have any concerns regarding your symptoms, you can contact HealthLink BC by dialing 811.
2. Masks must be worn for our Circle Time and Mother Goose sessions (except for children under the age of 2). Masks will not be provided. Please bring your own masks.
3. We require you to give MOFP permission to take photos/videos of you and your child(ren) during Circle Time or Mother Goose program for promotional material on our website and social media platforms.