Welcome back to Marpole Oakridge Family Place
Keeping our community safe is of the utmost importance.
While Marpole Oakridge Family Place (MOFP) is opened, we have put in place some preventative measures designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For your health and wellbeing as well as our staff, we have adopted BC CDC’s recommendations for social distancing and cleaning. These include:
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, countertops and high traffic areas.
- Allowing a limited number of people inside MOFP.
- Maintaining social distancing of at least 2m.
- Providing handwashing stations and hand sanitizers.
- Contactless entry and exit to and from Marpole Oakridge Family Place for Circle Time.
We’ve missed you and look forward to seeing you!
Welcome Back Guide
MOFP is facilitating Circle Time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 to 11:00am in the multi-purpose room at 8188 Lord Street. A total of 9 people can participate at a Circle Time. You can reserve your space by registering below.
- You MUST register for Circle Time in order to participate. The registration sheet will be our sign in sheet (ticked off by our facilitator only) and will also become our contact tracing register. You will receive a confirmation email which will outline the new procedures for Circle Time at MOFP. It will also remind you to not attend if you display any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please come to Circle Time with your own masks. Children under 2 are not required to wear a mask. Our facilitators will also have masks on during Circle Time.
- You will be taken through a screening checklist before entering MOFP.
- You will enter one group at a time into the multi-purpose room through the outdoor area gate and door to the multi-purpose room. Both the gate and door will be propped open for a contactless entry and propped open again for a contactless exit.
- You and your child(ren) will be guided to the sink to wash your hands before Circle Time starts. We have implemented social distancing floor sticker for the line up to the sinks.
- You and your child(ren) will be directed to a designated space with the facilitators in the middle of the room maintaining a 2m social distance. Do encourage your child(ren) to stay close to you.
- The sanitized family washroom will be available should you need it.
- After Circle Time finishes, you may wash your hands again or use the provided hand sanitizer on your way out.
We will always have your safety as our first priority.
Terms & Conditions
- Please do not attend if:
- you or your child(ren) have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches or headaches
- you or your child(ren) have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- you or your child(ren) are in close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you or your child(ren) developed any symptoms of COVID-19 after registering, please let us know as soon as possible. If you have any concerns regarding your symptoms, you can contact HealthLink BC by dialing 811.
- Masks must be worn for our Circle Time sessions (except for children under the age of 2). Masks will not be provided. Please bring your own masks.
- We require you to give MOFP permission to take photos/videos of you and your child(ren) during Circle Time for promotional material on our website and social media platforms.
Book Your spot
Current schedule (is subject to change without notice):
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- 10:30 – 11:00am