We provide a supportive and relaxing atmosphere in which parents, caregivers and children can meet, socialize, play and learn.
Important: Please sign in each day and indicate whether you are a parent, grandparent or a caregiver in the column provided.
The first visit is free. The drop-in is $1 per family per visit. When attending with a caregiver, it is $1 per child and membership fee is required for each child’s family. Membership is $10 and runs from January to December each calendar year and is not pro-rated.
There are two types of membership: #1: Membership is $10 which includes access to parent workshops and parent education series and a parking pass for the parade in family stalls. A drop-in fee of $1 is required for each visit. Subsidy is available for low-income families, please ask staff for details. Membership#2: Membership Plus includes access to parent workshops and parent education series. A drop-in fee is not required. A parking pass is available for family stalls.
Membership also allows you to attend Mother Goose, Nobody’s Perfect and other parent education programs, be a member of the Board of Directors and vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- No outdoor shoes or bare feet are allowed in the drop-in. Please bring inside shoes or slippers with a grip on the bottom to wear.
- Strollers are to be parked outside the main door and parked at the owner’s risk.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult at all times (an adult is defined as a person 16 years or older). Parents or caregivers are required to supervise their child’s play.
- Observe your child and assist him/her when needed. Playing together is fun too.
- Please sit with your child at circle time. This shared time creates a positive learning experience for you and your child.
- Hitting, spanking, and yelling are not tolerated as behavior or discipline methods. Staff can help with modeling alternative forms of guidance and discipline.
- Encourage and assist your child in cleaning up or putting away toys.
- Help children to keep food/drinks, toys and play dough in the designated areas.
- No running is permitted in the playroom.
- Remember to take your child’s art work home at the end of the day or it will be recycled.
- For everyone’s safety and privacy, no cameras or picture taking by participants is permitted. Cell phone and electronics use is permitted only in case of emergency.
- Official Guide Dogs assisting with hearing, vision or other disabilities are permitted to enter the building and remain with their owners for the duration of their visit. Petting guide dogs is not allowed by anyone other than the owner.
For Health and Safety
- Please place toys that have been in a child’s mouth in the yellow bucket provided. This bucket is located on the top of the dress up shelf.
- Keep bathroom and kitchen doors closed for the safety of the children.
- Disinfect the change table after each use and place dirty diapers in a plastic bag in the garbage.
- Please stay home if you or your child are sick.
- In consideration of children and adults with serious allergies, Family Place is a NUT FREE AND SCENT FREE environment. Please do not bring any foods with nut ingredients or wear scent to MOFP.
Thank you for your help in keeping your Family Place a comfortable and safe community space for families. Feel free to share your observations and ideas with staff. We hope that your visit is enjoyable and enriching.